Vaping IS dangerous!
We are not saying it’s worse than smoking cigarettes or that if you vape one time you will develop C.O.P.D but anytime you are inhaling something other than clean air, it is bad for you.Some people will make the argument that if you vape a vegetable glycerin based e-liquid that it is all natural and can not possibly be bad for you. With that logic just because you smoke an all natural organic carrot, does that make it healthy or even not harmful for you?
Now that that’s out of the way let’s get started.
What does vaping do to your body?
The main issue with vaping at the moment is simply the lack of long term studies. Even the best of studies that are around right now will not give you a clear picture of all harms or benefits associated with vaping. The problem here is that it is just too new. In theory vaping sounds like a godsend for some of us. You can smoke without smoking, the harm should be greatly reduced for all sorts of respiratory diseases and did we mention the flavors? Mango, Vanilla Custard, Monkey leisure and oh so many more
Vaping has swept the nation and even the world in the past few years. Now you can get your nicotine fix discretely without that harmful second hand smoke and the lingering smell of burning tobacco which bothers and even kills so many
Vaping to quit smoking
If you are getting into vaping to quit smoking then click here and head over to our smoking cessation section but in short, the chances are that vaping can not be worse for you than smoking. If you think that vaping will help you quit smoking then give it a shot! But remember, like all cessation therapies like nicotine gum, patches, inhalers, lozenges and all the others – you NEED to stop. The whole point of quitting smoking is to get rid of that nicotine craving.
It may seem tempting to just stick with vaping since its not harmful, but remember that this has not been proven yet. Typically the people who tell you that vaping is not harmful have a vested interest in letting you think that and anyone who you heard any facts from is most likely not a research scientist.
Common Side Effects of Vaping
- Increased Lung Tension
- Allergies to Propylene Glycol – a main ingredient in many E-Juices
- Shortness of breath
- Dry Skin
- Dry mouth
- Nose bleeds
- Caffeine sensitivity
- Dry eyes
- Puffy eyes
- Rashes, boils and itchiness
- Burning sensation on the face
- Minor lung damage
Make sure to note that these side effects only occur in a small percentage of users.
How to Vape Safely
- Do your research! We have many articles. Browse through them all and get informed. Knowledge is power and this is especially true when you are talking about your own life!
- Make sure you know what is in your E-liquid. We do NOT just mean reading the label and believing it. Check out our article about spotting quality E-Liquid. We always recommend something which has been manufactured by a reputable company in Canada or the United states.
- If you have any side effects or reactions, visit your doctor immediately!
- Get information from reputable sources. Make sure they are unbiased and give you the full truth so you can make an informed decision on what works best for you! If there is a link in the article to a store which sells vaporizers, then you probably are being fooled!
- Subscribe to our newsletters where we will send you newly released studies once a month from reputable, peer reviewed, American or Canadian medical journals.